Wednesday, December 22, 2010

‘Twas the last shopping days before Christmas'

‘Twas the last shopping days before Christmas'

My visit to Wal-mart on Monday was met with lots of rudeness. My response:
 ‘Twas the last shopping days before Christmas, when all through the stores
Not a shopper was sweet or kind, especially at the entrance doors;

The wrapping paper and bows were picked over without a care,
In hopes that a deal would be buried deep in there;

The children ran rampant and pushed through the aisle,
While parents stood by ignoring behavior and so in denial;

And managers in holiday outfits, and cashiers in a daze,
All hoping for just a smile and a little bit of customer praise.

When over in the electronics  there arose such a clatter,
And I jumped out of the way to stay out of the matter.

Away to the photos, I flew like a flash,
And stuffed my hand my purse to pull out some cash.

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a line full of customers all faces fixed in a sneer,

With a cashier at the registers, so weary and looking sick,
I knew in a moment the line would not go quick.

More violent than bears they growled and they glared,
As he called the next customer looking terribly scared.

To the front of the line! To the top of the queue!
Now move up! Move forward! Move on through!

They pushed and shoved my baby and me, all wrapped in our coats.
And I turned to look at them like I could strangle their throats.

Finally able to check out and gather all the presents I bought,
Feeling sad, confused, and more than a little distraught.

Out in the parking lot, I rushed with my baby boy to my car,
Thinking that this day Christmas shopping would leave a small scar.

So fellow shoppers, allow me to give you words from my heart,
Please be of good cheer and remember to do your part,

Don’t push, shove, swear, or give any rude and angry faces,
As you rush about to buy your gifts from all different places.

Jesus was sent to the world to show His love to all,
 So remember the reason for the season, even in the brawl,

 It’s time to show love, be merry, jovial, and bright,
Say "Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."

No comments:

Post a Comment