Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My take on weddings...

So watching this show, Bridezillas, has really gotten me thinking about my own wedding.  My wedding was beautiful.  Words can't describe how special a day it was.  It was day filled with love and family and hope.  But what is love?  It is patient and kind.  Love is more than a feeling. Love is a choice to love another person through the best and worst of times, unconditionally. With Christ in the center, marriage with the right person is a beautiful and amazing blessing. It truly was a blessed day. But thinking back here is my list of things I loved, things that I wish I did, or things I would change.  I don't keep a diary and this is likely the only way I will actually record my thoughts.  Maybe I will print out my posts one day as a record.
  • Loved that picking out my dress was a family affair.  Dad went with us and helped me pick out my dream dress.
  • I loved that I had a church wedding, but the reception of my dreams was at an old restored 1901 house outdoors - with a tent for shade.
  • I wish I had made sure my new in-laws were in the room for cutting the cake and not on the porch with their heads in the window.  Wow.
  • I wish we had done a receiving line at the church.  Some people did not go to the reception and it would have helped me make sure we greeted and thanked everyone.
  • I wish I had been more specific about my flowers.  It might have ensured that they looked like what I wanted.  I think we paid for orchids...and yet there were none in my bouquet.  
  • I wish I had done my thank you notes faster!!!!!  I think because I spent so much time trying to make sure I wrote the right thing that I took 4 months to finish them! Maybe by the time, my children get married that  
  • I loved the food at the wedding - I just wish I had a chance to eat it.
  • I would like to go back in time and nail down a schedule for the reception.  Photos at ___, cake at ____, and leaving at ______.   That way, there wouldn't be this whole surprise with everyone lining up with bubbles for us to leave.  I was just getting a plate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment