Thursday, March 14, 2013

9 months...



It has been about 9 months since my last post and I will catch you up on why. I am pregnant and due in about 5.5 weeks. This pregnancy, much like the last, has been a series of ups and downs trying to stay healthy. Hyperemesis is real but to most people all they can think is "morning sickness." Sorry folks, hyperemesis (full name hyperemesis gravidarum) is the monstrous cousin of morning sickness. If it were merely morning sickness then I wouldn't have multiple trips to the hospital for dehydration and crackers might actually have helped. So let's take a look at this condition that kept me out of the loop for a bit. The reason why not many people 'get it' when it comes to hyperemesis is because only 1-2% of pregnant women actually experience it. Even the nurses don't always take you seriously and you still get the whole "have you tried crackers, lemonade, ginger, etc." comments. It gets old. It is an illness that makes you feel crazy, depressed, and honestly puts a strain on your family.

So why the sam hill did I get pregnant a second time? Well, for one, I was lead to believe that every pregnancy is different. Two: Elijah needed a sibling. And Three: it was in God's plan for our lives. #3 is most important. Is there another child in our future? I don't know. I am not saying yes or no. My husband is saying an affirmative "NO" and since it takes two to tango...well you get the idea. I do know that there is a plus side to all this madness- it's over in about 5 weeks and I will have a baby out of it. There's my joy and I imagine I will find the 'glow' that everyone talks about in him. I am having a baby boy and what a blessing he will be.

I have been quiet on the blogging front for a long time - I saved any comments, photos, and joyful times for a quick upload to facebook and then I proceeded to forget about my blog. No matter. I'm back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment