Sunday, August 11, 2013

He's 4 months Already!


I can't even believe that this time last year I was starting my third year of teaching and pregnant. I didn't know how I was going to do it but I couldn't wait to meet my little bundle. I wasn't sick and I had such high hopes of having a totally different pregnancy. It wasn't.... I suffered through months of vomiting and trying to teach at the same time. But look at this little sweetie. He was so worth it. I love him to pieces! 

This past month has been interesting for sure. My little guy continued his absolute obsession of being near me at all times. I swear he knows when I even think about leaving the room. It made me tear up at just the thought of going back to work. Between my sweet little bundle's attachment and Elijah vast improvement in speech skills, Noah and I decided that it was best for me to take some time off from teaching. It was a hard decision but so worth the time I get with my boys.

Back to Isaiah's month. He went through a lot of changes already and is rolling around and doing this belly scooting maneuver. Apparently this combination of rolling and scooting is referred to as "creeping." His doctor said she expects he will be an early walker because he is way ahead with his motor skills. She even went so far as to tell me that his head and muscle control looked more like a 6-7 month old. I think she expected me to be surprised....I wasn't because Elijah took his first steps at 9 months old. Aside from motor skills, Isaiah is a super happy little guy. He smiles easily, even when all you say his name and loves to coo and laugh.  He apparently finds my hiccups funny.  I will admit, my hiccups are pretty funny - they sound like a combination of burping and hiccuping.  It is definitely not very ladylike, but makes for great entertainment. He is enjoying his toys and absolutely loves his o-ball.  Isaiah can actually throw the thing already.  


As far as sleep goes, my little guy is great.  Around 11 pm, he goes down for the night until about 7 am.  He takes about 3-4 good naps during the day.  I attempted to start him on solids, but Isaiah had little interest in actually ingesting them.  He enjoyed tasting and making a mess though!  At his 4 month check-up he weighed in at a strapping 15lbs 3oz and is already 26.5 inches.  He's growing so fast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment