Monday, November 11, 2013

Baby 7 month update and other October news

Isaiah's 7 month was quite an adventure and brought a whole lot amusement to my life.  Just when I needed it, really. 

This month he started pulling up on the furniture and began standing.  Isaiah took his first trip in the grocery cart seat...I'm sure it's one of many.  Of course this means that I'm going to have to either move Elijah into the grocery cart itself or allow him to walk next to me.  Either way I think my trips to the store are going to be shorter and more frequent.  

Isaiah worked on a lot more crawling this month and he discovered that standing was quite fun.  His eyes are still a blue/green color but I don't know if they are going to stay that way.  It's one of those fun wait and see genetic traits.  Isaiah enjoyed lots of time in his walker outside but I could tell he wanted to be doing what Elijah was doing. 

 I finally decided that I was going to try the whole trick-or-treating thing this year.  I even went so far as to practice with Elijah.  I got him a basic mask and cape.  Elijah started calling himself "Incredi-boy."   I don't know why he loves to identify with the bad guys in movies.  I'm sure it's just because they seem to be having more fun.  At any rate, Elijah quickly caught on and was very excited about it.  What a funny night! Had a flat tire so we couldn't leave home until 7:30. Elijah was happy to go trick-or-treating at Nana and Papa's house first. I finally convinced him to try the house across the street and we followed another couple with their little girls up the sidewalk. Elijah got freaked out when the little girls ring the door bell and turned around and raced away, superhero cape flying in the wind.  He then proceeded to yell "I want to go see Nana and Papa." He was quite thrilled to visit their doorstep again and get more candy.  Isaiah was dressed as a little baby alligator and did not get any candy but he had a good night all the same.

 

In other Elijah news, I've been working with him on answering the 'What is your name?" question and he's finally able to give me a response.  I have him scheduled for his county speech evaluation in December and I'm hoping that he gets approved for speech therapy - I have not clue when they would be able to start but I know he needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment