October was a big month for me as I turned 29. It's the start of my final year in my 20s. What's weird is I still don't really feel like an adult that's nearing 30. My mind still feels very 'young' in many ways. I still like the new music (as well as a wide variety of older stuff), I still love movies, video games, and reading the same array of books (classics and popular).
But, when I compare myself to 10 years ago, I think that the things that are changing the most are my perspectives. I saw things so black and white when I was younger and now I see that there really are a lot of gray areas in life. Nothing on Earth is all good (only Christ is). I'm more moderate in my thinking and I really strive to see things from both sides of any argument so I can make an informed decision on whatever it is. I still prefer to be optimist and I'll admit it would be nice if life wasn't a grayscale.
No comments:
Post a Comment