We have a lot of board books and several cloth books. I love books and there are so many that Elijah (age 3) could just care less about. Any of the nice picture books that we have gotten are stored in the closet because Elijah went through a stage of chewing all books. He is also pretty destructive and I just don't trust him to have them out. He just has to read the books with me holding them. Isaiah is only 5 months old so not too discerning yet. These are the boys favorites thus far.
1) Where is the Green Sheep by Mem Fox & Judy Horacek
Elijah loved this book when he was a baby and he still enjoys the cute pictures and rhythmic story. I love that the Green Sheep is fast asleep at the end. It makes it a fun bedtime story. We are already on our second copy of this board book since Elijah thoroughly enjoyed this one. He was upset when it was finally to the point of no return. I think I've probably made him partial to this one because I love the illustrator and she actually was the one that inspired me to start outlining all my children's illustrations with black sharpies. I don't think that is how she does it but I'm a sucker for sharpies.
2) Blue Hat, Green Hat by Sandra Boynton
We have several Boynton books and Elijah enjoys all of them. He finds this one very funny and requests this one most often. She has illustrated over fifty children's books and I expect we will one day own a large share of them. He loves to 'read' it with me when we get to the "oops" parts. This one has actually helped me with working on colors for Elijah.
3) Squishy Turtle and Friends Cloth Book by Roger Priddy
This was a great buy for both boys. It has Textured fabrics, bright colors, and cute illustrations. Really helps develop the kid's sensory awareness.
4) My First Colors: Let's Learn Them All! by DK
I haven't introduced this book to Isaiah yet but it is a big favorite of Elijah's. It has tons of great pictures that illustrate different shades of the color. Elijah requests this one quite often and likes to tell me about the objects on the pages. I love the tabs and it even includes pages of Silver and Gold! I think this book will continue to be a must have for discovering and learning. Any of the books in the series are great!
5) Penguin Says "Please" by Michael Dahl
A great quick little board book that helps teach please. Very cute illustrations. I got it as a stocking stuffer last Christmas before Elijah turned 3 and he still enjoys it.
No comments:
Post a Comment