I am not sure if it's wise for us to expose our child to the ridiculous music found on YouTube. YouTube has been a fun amusement for us since we were first married. Elijah came along and generally ignored what we watched, probably because of his hearing loss. Once he had surgery on his ears and his hearing loss was reversed, he was able to hear the music and began to dance and 'sing' along with the latest YouTube hits. We never chose to view anything with questionable images, but I am starting to become concerned with choices of songs that are my son's favorite. His taste is slightly questionable! What started out as watching some of these viral videos 'just for laughs' or chose our personal favorites such as Coldplay. These top videos became his favorite music selections. So without further ado, these are my 3-year old son's top YouTube favorite videos along with my comments. Some are great (Cold Play, Mike Tompkins) and others are just plain crazy. They are listed in no particular order but these are his top requests.
1)Mike Tompkins "Teenage Dream/Just The Way You Are" -Elijah's absolute favorite artist requested
Justin
2) Bieber's "Baby" - catchy but we aren't Bieber fans, Elijah just wants to do the break dancing
3) Karmin "Acapella" - He calls it "Blue"
4) Psy "Gagnum Style" - Elijah tried to do this dance and attempts to sing it. It kinda scares me.
5) One Direction "Gotta Be You" - his first 1D favorite that he called "You"
6) One Direction "Best Song Ever" - current favorite and I think it's a hilarious and catchy video
7) Ylvis "What Does the Fox Say?" - awesomely weird viral video helping Elijah with his animal sounds
8) Anna Kendrick "Cups" - Elijah and I are trying to figure out how to do the cups, he's 3 and doing better than his mom.
9) Coldplay's "Yellow" or "Paradise" - Elijah likes the Elephant in "Paradise"
10) LMFAO "Party Rock Anthem" - I love the craziest of this video and the zombie references. I think Elijah likes break dancing.
* I feel like I should also state that my son does enjoy the typical Preschool songs too. He loves anything by VeggieTales and he loves "Amazing Grace." Sadly, Elijah's love for music is not met with natural vocal talent. I love him and his singing anyway. I'm sure his singing will improve....
No comments:
Post a Comment