So what happened this month? Well my happy guy didn't have a check-up this month or shots so I'm sure he was happy about that. I don't know his actual weight but I know my arms are getting sore picking him up. He is all muscle though as he is working hard on crawling. He has succeeded in crawling a few feet but he generally gets around the room by rolling, baby push-ups, and grabbing onto stuff. Much to my dismay, he is highly motivated to move when he sees a dog toy in reach. He loves to go for Zoey's green chewy bone...I wish he would go for his own teethers!
As far as trying to communicate, he tries to wave 'hi' and 'bye' at us when we wave at him and he has big smiles for both daddy and mommy whenever we come into the room. He has started paying more attention to big brother and even laughed at him this past week. I think Elijah was a little startled by it.
Elijah doesn't really try to play with Isaiah yet, but he gives him kisses goodnight and is definitely concerned about him and his toys/blankets. In fact, one day this past month I was sitting on the sofa using one of Isaiah's blankets to cover up instead of hunting for a sweater. Elijah took it away from me, smiled, held it up and said "blanket for baby!" He then ran off with it and covered his little brother up. He cracks me up. Another sweet moment was when we arrived at the beach for the church picnic and as Isaiah was getting some attention, Elijah points at him and says "brother" and then kissed him on the forehead. I'm proud of my little guys.
As far a food and napping goes, Isaiah is taking a few power naps during the and then sleeping for 8-10 hours at night. I thought maybe he was ready for solids but he keeps pushing the rice cereal out. I'll keep at it. My chunky guy is sure to give in eventually!


No comments:
Post a Comment